Monday, November 9, 2015
Murukku is no new name in a South Indian household. I always preferred to make Diwali Sweets and Savouries every single year. How much ever I prepare, it gets over within a few days.
Here is a simple recipe for you all to try and make at home. It is always a delight when we make all these specialties ourselves than buying off the shelf.
4 cups ground rice flour
1 cup roasted gram flour/roasted black gram flour
100 gm slightly melted butter
2 tbsp white til seeds
1 tbsp cumin seeds
small piece of hing
salt to taste
oil to fry
1. Sieve rice flour, roasted gram flour, til seeds and cumin seeds in a large plate.
2. Rub in the melted butter.
3. Soak the asafoetida in 1 cup of water and add salt to taste.
4. Use this water to make the dough.
5. Take small portions of flour and mix some water.
6. Pipe the murukkus on greased banana leaves/polythene sheets.
7. Heat oil and drop few murukkus at a time and fry till golden.
8. Make murukkus with the remaining flour.