Monday, November 9, 2015
This is an all time favourite among my children and now my grand kids too. It is a simple and crunchy snack that one can indulge in at any time.
This is always included in our Diwali Batchanams!
4 cups Bengal gram flour
1 cup ground rice flour
100 gm cooking butter
3 tbsp ajwain
small piece asafoetida
salt to taste
oil to fry
1. Soak ajwain in water for 1 hour and grind with little water.
2. Strain through a muslin cloth and add 1 cup water to it.
3. Soak the asafoetida in little water and pour into the ajwain water.
4. Mix sufficient salt & mix thoroughly.
5. Sieve both flours on a large plate.
6. Heat butter until it just melts.
7. Pour over the flours.
8. Use the ajwain & asafoetida water to make the dough.
9. Heat oil and squeeze the sev.
10. Fry till pale brown.