Monday, November 9, 2015
Seven cup Burfi
Our Diwali Sweets are never complete without Milk Toffee which is a Srilankan delicacy. The recipe of which has already been updated on our blog. I decided to change that this year and made the Seven cup burfi.
This is a simple and a yummy sweet and you cannot stop with just one.
1 cup gram flour
½ cup plain khoa
½ cup finely scraped coconut
1 cup milk
1 cup ghee
2 tsp cardamom powder
2 ¾ cups sugar
1. Grease a 11/9” tray with butter & set aside.
2. Roast the gram flour until you get an aroma.
3. Keep aside to cool.
4. Add coconut & khoa to flour & mix well with a ladle.
5. Heat 1/2 of the ghee in a heavy pan & turn off the fire.
6. Add the flour mixture & stir briskly.
7. Mix in the sugar & milk & turn on the flame.
8. Stir continuously on moderate flame.
9. When the mixture begins to thicken slightly, start adding ghee little at a time & stir.
10. When the mixture begins to bubble & leave the sides of pan pour into the tray & smooth. 11. Cut into squares after 5 minutes while still warm.